Some Updates

Today was a very boring day.  The kids had school.  Ricky had  practice.  We played in the courtyard.  No funny stories to report.  No funny pictures.  So very, very boring.  So I thought now would be a good time to give some updates.

1.  Ricky has still not pitched.  The last full game played was Wednesday night.  They have had rain outs and days off or practice since then.  They finally have a game tomorrow.  I just checked and there’s a 50% chance of rain tomorrow.  Imagine that.

2.  Lily and Riley start taking the bus to the new school tomorrow.   God is good!  I knew they were meant to stay with these teachers.  The teachers will be riding the bus with them this week, thank goodness.  Meggy mommy and Cherry mommy have to come back to the old school at 12:00, so they are dropping off the kids to us at the apartment the whole month of July.  How nice is that?

3.  We are no longer members at the gym, that is a very long story, so I am searching for another pool close to the apartment.  It is so hot and they love the pool.

5.  Riley can count to ten and sometimes 12, when he feels like it.

6.  Notice there is no number 4.  That’s because Riley leaves it out every time.  He says there is no 4.

7.  We now have two new fish.  Captain Skunkbeard and Sea Salt Sally.  Those are characters in Riley’s favorite movie “Scooby Doo Pirates Ahoy”.  Lily wants Sea Salt Sally to be Sarah Lily Stone, but I trumped her decision.

8.  Thanks to Riley’s favorite new movie, he thinks he’s a pirate.  He also fights all the other pirates with water bottle swords.

9.  It hurts to get hit with a water bottle sword.

10.  Riley is now 95% potty trained.  I stepped in a puddle of the other 5% today in the kitchen.

11. Lily has taken total control over the little dvd player in our bedroom.  She loves the fact that she has total control and can watch whatever she wants by fast forwarding or rewinding.

12.  I have no idea where she gets that from…wanting to be in control of everything =)

Okay, so that’s my update for now.  Hopefully I’ll have a pitching update one day this week! 

Advertisements

1 Response to “Some Updates”


  1. 1 Alisa June 30, 2008 at 2:01 pm

    I’m so excited to hear about the bus and about the potty training! That’s great news! Hopefully today was just a great day to sit and enjoy family without all the other day to day things getting in the way of life! I want to hear about the gym!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: